Friday, May 16, 2008

Figuring it Out as We Go Along

Somewhere between 3 and 4 months C started sleeping at night for longer stretches at a time. At around 6 months she started sleeping for shorter stretches at a time. In the last month (she's 8 months and a week now) she's been waking every 2-3 hours. When she wakes I've been feeding her. Then I started noticing that she wasn't eating much during the day. Reverse cycling? I decided to not feed her when she wakes up in the night and simply rock her back to sleep. We had a horrible go of this - she cried, she rooted, she kept her eyes open while I rocked her... so I'd give in and feed her. Obviously she needed food, right? For the past few nights, partner A has been getting up with her in the night. With A she goes back to sleep within a few minutes - no crying, no rooting, no eyes wide open - and she stays asleep until just before 8am! One wake-up. One short wake up. She's eating more during the day. Now, we've only been doing this for a few days, but... I think we are on to something. [Don't want to jinx it].

No comments: