Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A List About My Funk

1. Hormones and breastfeeding - C eats more solids and my supply adjusts, perhaps this is affecting me hormonally

2. Breastfeeding - C eats more solids and needs less boob and therefore needs less of me (really she needs me in different ways, but I am having a hard time seeing the different ways); our breastfeeding relationship is changing

3. Work - I go back in less than 5 weeks (this is perhaps a post all unto itself)

4. Triggers - 'they' say parenthood triggers one's childhood memories and hurts; I've been reminded of things, but not sure if I have been full-on triggered

5. PPD - Does PPD resurface? Come back? The tears I had today felt very much like 6 days post-partum (very random, very from out of nowhere); shifting hormones?

2 comments:

Jen said...

OH - possibly TMI but who cares? i had the same thought (that PPD was coming back) right before i started my period for the first time in 18 months. could that be it? it affects supply, willingness to nurse and mood...

sandra said...

could be - like i've been feeling crampy and whatnot, but no blood yet...