Thursday, August 9, 2007

36 Weeks - Midwife - Sewing - Pillowcases - Parties

We met another midwife on Tuesday at my 36 week appointment. Jane. She was older with long greying hair. Hippie midwife. She did the homebirth talk with us. Very thorough. I feel kind of like I felt when we finished our child birth classes - fearful-ish and overwhelmed.

We went shopping for most of our homebirth supplies after the appointment.

I've gained 37 pounds. My BP is great. Heartbeat in the 150s. Good. Head down. No protein or sugar in my urine. Good.

* * * * *

Yesterday my work threw us a baby shower. We got lots of stuff. It was like x-mas.

I've spent much of today washing baby clothes, burp cloths, diapers, booties, etc. I'm feeling very nesty. And I am loving putting the stuff away. I can't wait.

* * * * *

I've made burp cloths and diaper inserts. I bought more flannel so I can make breast pads and post partum pads.

While at the fabric store A came up with an idea. Instead of x-mas stockings we should have x-mas pillow cases. She always thought as a kid it would be fun to get a bunch of stuff in a pillow case. They had a lot of x-mas type fabric at the fabric store and we checked it out. I think x-mas pillow cases are fun. So we shall see.

* * * * *

I have thank you notes to write.

No comments: