Wednesday, March 3, 2010

OB Consult

My midwife wants me to consult with an OB regarding the big baby situation. So tomorrow I have an appointment with an OB. Not sure what to expect. I'm worried that either I am going to find out something is up with the baby health-wise (though my midwife would have told me if this were the case) or that the OB is going to be like: "I must c-section the baby out."

If I have to have another c-section, fine. I mean, I know what it's like - been there, done that. Recovery was rough. Still hurt after 12 weeks from time to time. Even though the incision healed nicely, I had issues. Not a fan of the pain medication, but found it necessary to take in the early days because I was so sore. And now I am imagining recovery from a c-section with a 2 1/2 year old and the various sets of stairs in our house.

I am a good VBAC candidate - so I have been told. And I'd like the opportunity to attempt a VBAC. My midwife and doula are on board and believe it is a possibility.

For me, a big baby is not a reason to have a c-section. This is just me, other people might feel other wise and I am way cool with that.

But what I have learned in the last few years is that ultimately giving birth is pretty unpredictable. It is best to be prepared for whatever happens. So who knows - only time will tell.

I'll post something following the OB consult. Cheers.

No comments: