Thursday, March 4, 2010

OB Consult Part 2

OB consult today.

I am at a point where I am willing to schedule a c-section for my due date.

The baby is big. We know this. Because I went into this pregnancy hoping for VBAC I am being assessed accordingly. OB is not opposed to VBAC. But does have concerns around baby's size and a successful VBAC. He will see me again in 2 weeks, by which time I will have had another growth ultrasound.

I have not been transfered to his care. I am still under the care of the midwifery. Let me say, here and now, the hospital/OB setting is so very different compared to the midwifery experience. Let me say, here and now, I prefer the midwifery model.

In the hospital today I was nothing more than a body. I was asked about my level of education, my marital status, whether I was taking a prenatal class, etc. Does any of this matter. Also, the nurse (not the OB) commented on my weight - how much I've gained. Midwife has never said anything about my weight. I felt as though everyone believed I had no freakin' clue about my body. It was weird. But whatever... I will hug my midwife when I see her next, hahaa.

So yeah that said I'm all like let's just schedule the c-section.

No comments: