Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pumping Part 2

Thank you to everyone who replied to my last post.

This morning I got 3 ounces. I added that to the 1/2 ounce I got before bed the night before. I'm not sure if it was enough for C - but A says she seemed pretty satisfied during the day. She nursed like crazy when I got home.

I have a Ame.da pump - it's a double pump. It is the same as my midwife's. I borrowed hers when we first brought C home and had to pump to feed her because of her latch issues due to her time in NICU. When we were in hospital we used the fancy best pump ever hospital pump.

I am used to getting a lot more with the pump, in general. So I am taking the fenugreek/ blessed thistle combo. Oatmeal for breakfast every morning so far. Water water water.

C seems satisfied and even slept from 9pm to 5am last night - which is quite good for her.

I am lucky too that my principal is letting me leave for an hour or so (I live 6 minutes from the school).

* * * * *

A's parents are visiting from England. They arrived yesterday. C already thinks they're wonderful. Which is cute to see. But it has messed up her nap schedule to have them around. So we shall see. A happens to be off work when they are here.

* * * * *

C is not really seeming to have any issues with me leaving for the day. She is happy when I come home. But honestly seems pretty easy-going about me leaving. A has been leaving for work and coming back since she was 2 or 3 months old - and points out that C knows that because her Baba always comes home that her Mama will too. So she is secure.

No comments: