Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

A's parents are visiting from England. My parents came in from the States just for the day. We had a late lunch and ice cream cake. C sat somewhere amidst all the adults on the porch for much of the day. Our porch is lovely and shady and huge. She napped inside at some point. I am amazed at her ability to just chill today. Sometimes she sat up in her stroller. Sometimes on one of our laps. Lovely. She hardly sees her grandparents on either side. In her 9 month old mind they are strangers. Though she is warming up nicely to the grandparents from England - they've been here for the past 2 weeks. I feel sad sometimes that we are her only people in this country. I hope it is enough. What with gas prices and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog (and for leading me to yours).

I will definitely be reading along!