Friday, September 10, 2010

Could you go without TV?

Starting in one month we will be TV free. I should clarify. There will be a TV in the house and we can watch dvds and whatnot on it. We won't have cable.

Financially, cable TV is expensive for what you actually get. We don't watch it much during the day. After babies are in bed we watch, but there tends to be little on that is worthwhile. We will save at least $85 per month going cable free. That money will automatically go into a savings account designated for vacations.

I am curious to see if I can do this and what actually I will fill my time with.

2 comments:

Casey said...

We cancelled cable this past Spring and it's been incredible. We only watch a short sign language dvd with Bird every few days, other than that, it's off. We read a lot more, bake a lot more, do more laundry, and just have a lot more time. We also go to bed a LOT earlier. And that is the best.

Jennifer said...

Good for you! I think you'll find some wonderful ways to fill your time.