Monday, August 17, 2009

Insomnia is such a lonely word.

Dear Universe, a full night of sleep please. Thanks, Universe. Love, Me.


The thing that is bugging me the most lately is the fact that I am suffering from insomnia. Which is unusual in the 1st trimester... am I right? I am soooo exhausted, but cannot get my brain to shut off so that I can sleep. At 3am I am thinking about our move on the 28th - we are moving to a new house - I am thinking about the various little things that need to be done before then. I am making lists in my head. I am also thinking about work stuff: lesson plans (I write them in my head at 4am) and meetings and ordering supplies (more list making), etc. (I go back to work on the 2nd). At this point I am over-tired and this is why I can't seem to shut off my brain. That and it is hard to take a moment to think of this stuff during the day when I have an active little toddler underfoot (who pretty much no longer naps). Oh well.

In other news, active little toddler called me by my first name in the store the other day. I was totally caught off guard and had to laugh, before I corrected her.

Oh yeah and I went to my family dotor today to get a bloodwork requisition for my thyroid. I have hypothyroidism and in my last pregnancy my thyroid went wacky and we didn't really discover it until the 3rd trimester. This pregnancy I am determined to stay on top of it.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Lo said...

I've actually read that insomnia can be a first trimester symptom. Hope you get some rest...