Thursday, April 16, 2009

CD 1 Today

Okay so today is CD1. We are not *trying* with this cycle, but a few tests have been scheduled and CD3 bloodwork is going to happen this Saturday.

The tests: On Monday the 27th I am going to have an HSG. This is the dye test where they check whether my fallopian tubes are clear and open. I've had this procedure before - in 2004. Then, it showed a slight blockage in my left tube. Odd thing is that the egg I produced that resulted in C was in my left ovary. Who knows what it'll show this time. I am hoping clear and happy tubes, of course. I found the HSG to be fairly easy, not uncomfortable, and interesting... because I actually watched the dye move through my uterus and fallopian tubes.

On Wednesday the 29th I will go in for the SonoHSG. My uterus will be filled with saline and a high tech x-ray camera thing will check for things like fibroids (which we know exist), their type and placement, and how specifically they are affecting the shape of my uterus. I've never had this procedure before. I'm curious as to what it'll show.

I have to admit, I am worried about the fibroids. I know that they can be dealt with and the RE seems completely low key about it all. And I don't know if it is the fibroids I am worried about or the intense pain I have on day 1 of my period - which probably has something to do with the fibroids... I don't know. Pain scares me. I guess I am worried too that they won't determine what this pain is about... and then what.

I really hope that baby #2 will be a reality, you know? I hope that things found can be dealt with. I hope I am healthy and that my uterus is in good shape and ready to go. I hope that my eggs are still good (CD3 bloodwork will give us information on eggs). That's a whole lot of hope eh?

I guess this means we are officially ttc#2. I mean once all the emotions start, you know you are in it.

No comments: