Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Monsters

C is less than a month from her 3rd birthday. She moved to a big girl bed last month (yes, we took our time with this transition - considering major new sibling transition she experienced in March). She totally stays in her bed. She seems to like her bed. But... she is now going through a monsters phase. As in, there are monsters in my closet or under my bed or outside my room. She even came up with a strategy for dealing with monsters; apparently if she blows raspberries at them then they go away. She is also sleeping with a small camping flashlight. I am actually finding some of this worrying - I feel for her and it is hard to see her not feel safe in her own space. This is normal (her monster phase), right?

File it under: Her Amazing Imagination.

No comments: