Saturday, July 11, 2009

Let me tell you about last night.

Let me tell you about last night. Last night we had friends over. 2 friends. We had birthday cake for one of the friends which was more like a mango mousse with a angel food cake base. Yum. We also had a rosemary orange chicken wings - home made as Partner A is a chef in real life. We had a balsamic reduction drizzled over fresh tomatoes and avocados, along with a white bean salad and quinoa. The food was amazing.

The conversation was amazing too. Little C was happily in bed by 8pm. Then the 4 of us sat and talked about life and the universe and religion and spirituality and childhood stuff and work and so on and so on. It was the kind of conversation I crave. The kind of conversation that happens best after a fresh meal and birthday cake and some drinks (though no one had alcohol).

We went to bed at midnight. Little C was up at 4am completely wet through her diaper. She has mad language skills so instead of screaming and crying she just called out to me and told me she was wet. "Mama wet! Diaper, mama, wet! Jammies, mama, wet! Bed, mama, wet!" She was hard to settle after that though because all that changing kind of woke her up more. She ended up sleeping 'til 9am(!) this morning. So all is well in the world.

We are packing today for our trip to England.

Now, with regard to my 2ww, um, I am feeling less than positive. I have been pretty calm and almost positive but now not so much. I don't really want to write much more about what I am feeling. It is enough to say, not so positive. And I hate this part of the 2ww - when the doubt creeps in... and the progesterone tabs build up and mess with my mind. Blah. So, if you have some supportive words it would mean a lot to hear (read) them today.

4 comments:

Lo said...

I'm where you are. Hugs for getting through this together....

sandra said...

*hugs* to you too. It isn't easy my friend.

bleu said...

Oh hun. I so hate the doubt and the head games that go on.

Much love to you and I m sending good thoughts.

Jen said...

i hate hate hate the doubt too but just remember how little effect it has on reality. :)

also, C's exclamations cracked me up and reminded me of the loooong phase of waking up to "mama, deben, down, peeeees...mama, deben, down, now peeeees...mama! deben down! now! peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!" and on and on until i got up.

and then we took the side off her crib and all of sudden i could sleep in again. she just pads into our room and climbs in bed with us instead. :)